Jobs in the cannabis industry
By Karen Berger, PharmD, Medical writer
With the CBD industry booming, it only makes sense that more jobs would open up. If you are a fan of CBD or marijuana, you might be a perfect fit for a job in the cannabis industry.
What kind of jobs are out there? Here are just a few fascinating jobs in the cannabis industry, courtesy of Ms. Mary Staffing.
Budtender- a budtender educates and serves patients while being sure to follow state regulatory guidelines. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Greet and establish rapport with customers— get to know them and understand their interest in cannabis medicine
- Help patients in identifying the specific medicines and methods that fit their individual needs
- Adhere to strict distribution processes and maintain a professional, safe environment
- Continue to enhance your knowledge of medical cannabis, and continually hone your ability to explain and recommend treatment procedures and product uses
- Inventory management/restocking
Cultivation – in this job, you would
manage and maintain grow-house protocols for cannabis cultivation facilities.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Perform tasks in the grow: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, and inventory management
- Develop and maintain protocols and nutrient regimen. Set propagation, germination and planting protocols for all crops
- Use your extensive knowledge to help increase plant yield; develop new high yield growing methods for individual strains.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of strains and various effects of strains, as well as understand effects of soil, temperature, and humidity
- Have knowledge of plant diseases and plant treatment options
- Have mastery of growing methods, including micronutrients, beneficial bacteria and nutrient implementation
- Manage plant scheduling, analyze strains, perform preventive maintenance
Applicants for this job must have advanced knowledge of cannabis (or a strong agricultural background) and at least two years of commercial grow experience.
Dispensary Manager- in this position, you would be responsible for ensuring that all transactions are compliant with state and local laws and regulations, as well as providing excellent customer service.
Some of your responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring accuracy and compliance in all transactions
- Follow laws and regulations; record all sales and inventory transactions
- Hire and train employees
- Stay up to date on state and local laws, regulations, and cannabis news
Candidates must have 3 years of retail experience, including management experience.
These are just a few of the many jobs in the industry. What do you think? Would you be an ideal candidate to work in the cannabis industry? What kind of job would your knowledge and talents be best suited for?
At MyCureAll, we are working to fight the opioid crisis together and to get medical cannabis covered by insurance for patients like Andrea .
Cannabis Suppliers, Investors, Supporters: Get Involved
Sign our Petition to get medical cannabis covered by insurance
Follow us on Social Media! We want to hear from you.